• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sex offender registry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MNDad01

What is the name of your state? MN

There was a recent case in my town where a guy is in jail for molesting young boys. The guy that is accused of this is/was employed by the city, a school bus driver, a firefighter, and a business owner. Because of this investigation, it came out that he was convicted of a criminal sexual misconduct crime in the mid-1980s. I'm wondering if anyone knows when the law was passed that sex offenders have to register?

acmb05

What is the name of your state? MN

There was a recent case in my town where a guy is in jail for molesting young boys. The guy that is accused of this is/was employed by the city, a school bus driver, a firefighter, and a business owner. Because of this investigation, it came out that he was convicted of a criminal sexual misconduct crime in the mid-1980s. I'm wondering if anyone knows when the law was passed that sex offenders have to register?
Not sure of the exact year but it was after 1990, I believe 1992

CdwJava

In MN it was apparently 1991:

(1991) Minnesota’s Sex Offender Registration Act

When Jacob Wetterling was abducted in 1989 a massive search was conducted and numerous leads were generated and logged. These leads became the foundation of a massive database that instigated the development of a sex offender list in Minnesota.

I am sure it has been tweaked and massaged since then.

- Carl

FlyingRon

In minnesnota:

Applies to sex offenders who are released, sentenced, or adjudicated delinquent on or after August 1, 1991.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">