• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant for domestic and personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AprilRose10

My girlfriend pressed domestic charges on me and dropped my clothing and personal effects at the police dept. I've tried to have someone pick them up but there is an active warrant so they say that nobody but me can pick these items up

LdiJ

My girlfriend pressed domestic charges on me and dropped my clothing and personal effects at the police dept. I've tried to have someone pick them up but there is an active warrant so they say that nobody but me can pick these items up
The warrant is not going to go away. Step up and deal with it and get your stuff back at the same time.

quincy

What is the name of your state, April?

If you know there is a warrant out for your arrest, you can be arrested at any time. It is generally better to turn yourself in to the police before that happens.

Before you are arrested or before you turn yourself in, you would be smart to hire an attorney. If arrested on the warrant and jailed, it can be harder to find an attorney so jail time might be longer (especially if arrested on a weekend).

You will want this attorney to not only help you with the warrant but also help in your defense to the domestic violence charges.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">