• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About Inter-Company Arbitration. Insurence company decision changing.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ikjun9010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Califonia.

Hi, i just got a letter from my insurence company, Farmers Insurence.

The letter says,
-Our attempts to prevent the adverse party from collection monies aganinst your policy for the accident have not been successful. As previously advised, the adverse carrier filled Inter-Company Arbitration against your policy seeking reimbursement for damages caused to their insured vehicle.
The Arbitration Panel reviewed the evidence provided by both companies and determined that you were 100% responsible for AAA damages for unsafe backing, which resulted in the collision. Therefore, we are reimbursing the adverse carrier the amount awarded by the arbitartor. Please be advised that the arbitration decision is binding and we have issued payment on your behalf.

This is the letter that i just got and I was confused how they changed from 50% my fault to 100% my fault. The accident was in the parking lot and i told my insurence company how it wasnt my fault and i wasnt even happy that it came out to be 50% my fault but now, after 5 months has been passed since i fixed my car by my self, they are saying it is 100% my fault and i have to pay for other person's damage too? They said 5 months ago that they decided with other insurence company that it came out to be 50/50 and they confirm I know i have to follow their decision but i just think it is unfair that the accident came out to be 100% my fault. Is there any way i can fix this problem? Please help me...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">