• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident waiting for a traffic light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

James1961

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I was waiting at a red traffic light with a car behind me and another on my right waiting to turn right when a woman turning into the lane to my left to go the opposite direction somehow lost control of her car and drove directly into my car pushing me into the car alongside and behind me.

We exchanged insurance info, police were called to scene to get stories and gave the woman that was clearly at fault what looked like a traffic citation. The other cars were able to drive away form the accident my car was not drivable and had to be towed to the repair shop.

Since the accident I have dealt with my own insurance company who have provided me with a rental car, I have been to the doctor and also to the chiropractor for pain related to the accident.

My Insurance company deemed that my car is a total loss, I have gap insurance but that still leaves me with no car and and a paid loan.

Should I be going through my own insurance when it was the other persons fault?
Would I be better off contacting the the at fault drivers insurance company?
It seems that I am a victim of the stupid driver and the insurance companies too.

Where should I go from here?

ecmst12

Your insurance will go after the at fault party and get you your deductible back. Beyond that, they don't owe you anything. Your upside down loan has nothing to do with the accident, you are only owed the actual cash value of your vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">