• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident/ Being Sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

afrensindeed

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

In January of 2013 I was involved in an accident while uninsured. It was a 50/50 fault, and the damage was minimal to both parties. Now I am being sued by the other parties insurance company for over $30,000. What steps can I take to prevent my license being revoked or battling against this claim?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

In January of 2013 I was involved in an accident while uninsured. It was a 50/50 fault, and the damage was minimal to both parties. Now I am being sued by the other parties insurance company for over $30,000. What steps can I take to prevent my license being revoked or battling against this claim?
With that much money at stake, you are going to need an attorney. This is not something that you should attempt to handle on your own.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Who has determined that it was 50/50 fault? (hint: Nobody)

It will be the court that ultimately decides fault in this matter. Hopefully you can reach some sort of settlement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">