• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Sued /Auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bringslite

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Mississippi

I was involved in auto accident -Dec. 19-2000; I rear-ended another car (brake lights, and sudden stop trick). After receiving numerous phone calls over the past 2 years from the insurance co, THREATNING to have my license revoked and what not, I now received a summon claiming that I am liable for damages and medical expenses, pain and suffering(and the rest of other stuff)-about $2k.

The car in question was an old, full of dents, and "beat-up" car with another reported accident (according to summon).

The questions are:

-What is the statue of the limitation on this case (summon was dated 12/4/2003)? State of Mississippi.

-What about original condition of other car?

-Harassing calls from insurance co?

Thanks

Seanscott

Did you have insurance on your car? If you did, they should get involved now that you are being sued. If not, you better get an attorney.

B

bringslite

No Insurance!

Unfortunately not, I did not have any insurance at the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">