• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Both parties at fault in WV?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PamG

Hi,

I am in WV. My husband was in an accident yesterday and nobody was ticketed by the officer. They just told us to contact our insurance agencies. My husband was getting ready to turn right onto a street (no stop sign) and the other lady was getting ready to turn left onto the street he was on (no stop sign for her either). The ran into each other. I think they are both at fault and should both be responsible for their own damage. Is that correct?

Pam

racer72

The vehicle turning left should have yielded to the vehicle turning right. Remember the 95% right rule from driver's ed? Except for a few instances, the vehicle on the right or turning right always has the right of way. Based on your post, your husband had the right of way and was not at fault. Also, just because a ticket was not issued at the scene of the accident, it does not mean one cannot be issued later. Happens quite often.

Betty

I would contact your insurance co. (if you haven't already done so) & let them determine fault. It does seem as if your husband (from your post) was not at fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">