• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calif.Advice Nurse gave wrong advice!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

t42b424t

My daughter called to get an appt with her Diabetes doctor.
She has had diabetes for 19 years now and knows the systoms
for what is wrong with her and explained to the Kaiser advice
nurse. The advice nurse told her she was wrong and that she
didn't need to see a doctor the same day and gave her an appt
for the following day. It ended up just a little bit later my
daughter had to leave work. Again, she called to get in the same day and this advice nurse made her an appt for a couple of hours later. My daughter called me (I live 100 miles away and couldn't do anything) she sounded really weak and sick. I called my sister that lives in the same town as my daughter and she rushed over and took her to the hospital. My daughter was really bad off and ended up in intensive care and could have died. What can be done about the advice nurse that said my daughter didn't know what her own symtoms meant and said it wasn't important enough to get in the same day? This happened in Sacramento, CA. I am furious as she could have died!!!!!

P

PamSJS

Dear Mom;

I sincerely hope your daughter will recover and my prayers are with you.

Unfortunately, your daughter is a member of an H.M.O. Under normal circumstances, should she need to see a physician, she must contact the insurance company and, if they determine her symptoms do not require immediate care, they will not pay. On the other hand, in a true emergency, such as your daughters, if she had gone to the hospital or doctor, the insurance would pay.

Your daughter was given poor advice, and your only recourse at this time would be to contact the insurance carrier and file a complaint. If you know the name of the nurse who instructed your daughter, you may be able to file a complaint with the California Board of Nursing. Should your daughters condition deteriorate, (God forbid), you should then consider contacting a personal injury attorney and he/she will further advise you.

Good luck and God bless you!

Pam

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">