• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you sue some one that causes a traffic crash tying up traffic for periods of time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korkhed

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
Can you sue some one that causes a traffic crash tying up traffic for periods of time causing loss of production and time and gas, missed appointments that people have to pay for? it would seem that if drivers knew that they could be potentially sued by thousands of people for being the cause of a crash that they would drive with more due care than what is going on now.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No. Good day.

ETA: Well, to be technically correct: YES, you can sue. You won't be successful.

LdiJ

Can you sue some one that causes a traffic crash tying up traffic for periods of time causing loss of production and time and gas, missed appointments that people have to pay for? it would seem that if drivers knew that they could be potentially sued by thousands of people for being the cause of a crash that they would drive with more due care than what is going on now.
Well..anybody can sue anybody for anything in this country. The question is whether or not it would fly in court. There is no basis that I am aware of for such a suit.

Antigone*

One Word Answer: HECKNO:p

Zig, I have not seen tranq around today and I'd really like a funsucker. Can you pour? In honor of the poster, can you please make it a Georgia Peach flavored funsucker?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
One Word Answer: HECKNO:p

Zig, I have not seen tranq around today and I'd really like a funsucker. Can you pour? In honor of the poster, can you please make it a Georgia Peach flavored funsucker?

Consider it done my friend!

sandyclaus

LOL... I'm drinking to the OP - KORK HED:p Hope he's not texting while sitting in traffic.:eek:

LOL - Zig's funsucker was very strong. I drinked(sic) too much! :)
That's because, as a teetotaler, Zig is unfamiliar with the appropriate amount of booze to add to these ;) (No offense, Zig... *MWAH*)

sandyclaus

Not. A. Chance.

Traffic jams are a fact of life. If the jams are significant enough to cause that much of a delay, then you'd probably hear about it on local news stations, or at least have the good sense to get off the road and take a different route rather than stay in it.

latigo

Yes. It is known as a “Class ‘Crash’ Action Suit”.

You will find the details in your copy of “Law Suits for Dummies” by “Dewey, Cheatum and Howe”, whose slogan is:

“We treasure our clients as the heart and sole of our law practice –
[SUP]until they run out of money.”[/SUP]

Korkhed

Not. A. Chance.

Traffic jams are a fact of life. If the jams are significant enough to cause that much of a delay, then you'd probably hear about it on local news stations, or at least have the good sense to get off the road and take a different route rather than stay in it.
The theory that they are unadvoidable doesnt hold water. Thats why most are not calling them "accicents" any more, There is nothing accidental about what is going on. I for one like to listen to music while driving. But there may be somthing to the "Crash Action" thing. Lately there have been delays of up to 3 hours because of the stupidity of others. I dont think this needs to be a Fact of life any more.

Antigone*

The theory that they are unadvoidable doesnt hold water. Thats why most are not calling them "accicents" any more, There is nothing accidental about what is going on. I for one like to listen to music while driving. But there may be somthing to the "Crash Action" thing. Lately there have been delays of up to 3 hours because of the stupidity of others. I dont think this needs to be a Fact of life any more.

Move to Alaska:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">