• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claims adjuster wants me to claim something

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

og719

I feel silly...had a 2-car mva in FL in November of last year. The other driver failed to yield and was cited. My rental car was totalled, but my company took care of all that stuff and I wasn't involved. I was not injured, but went to the doctor when I returned home to AL 3 days later. Minor contusions, soreness, etc....

I keep getting letters from the other driver's insurance company wanting to know what I am claiming for this accident. I missed two days' work with the soreness, but that's really about it.

Do I need to gin up some figure for this guy to placate him? He doesn't seem to want to hear "nothing".

Thanks!

ecmst12

Odd....well you are entitled to compensation for the days of work you missed and your pain and soreness, even if it was minor. Ask for some amount that seems fair to you and treat yourself to something nice :)

I only say odd that they didn't seem happy to hear that you didn't want anything!

moburkes

However, in FL, you file for your medical bills under your own PIP. What are you basing it on that he doesn't want to hear "$0"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">