• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A friend totalled my truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ralphepoo

I couldn't figure out how to edit my message so until I do here's the story
I loaned a friend my Chevy truck. It rolled past her and is now in the Savannah River. That was Xmas eve. I can't even retrieve my late husbands things out of it!! My wallet with my license was in there. So now I can't rent a car, I'm stuck 3 hours from home. My daughter has had a baby that I haven't seen yet!! So now I'm stuck in this po-dunk town!! She said she would get me another vehicle but it's April and I haven't even seen an attempt
What are my options?

LdiJ

I loaned a friend my Chevy truck. It rolled past her and is now in the Savannah River. That was Xmas eve. I can't even retrieve my late husbands things out of it!! My wallet with my license was in there. So now I can't rent a car, I'm stuck 3 hours from home. My daughter has had a baby that I haven't seen yet!! So now I'm stuck in this po-dunk town!! She said she would get me another vehicle but it's April and I haven't even seen an attempt
What are my options?
You didn't have insurance?

HRZ

You now have an EX friend...so sue her for the value of the truck ...the rest of your major inconveniences are not a winnable legal point for $$.

adjusterjack

Your daughter couldn't send you money for a bus ride?

What is with people not keeping their wallet and license in their damned pockets? How tough can that be?

Ralphepoo

My license was in my wallet in the truck. When she left I had just finished unloading groceries and forgot to take purse out of the truck. Her purse went in too.
I had liability insurance.... Not enough coverage to replace truck. Just what I had to have to be legal ugh never again!!
The truck was only worth about $3800 (it was a 97) but it was my late husbands truck! Still had alot of his things in it that I can't even get to I would rather it was totalled, as long as every one was okay lol

latigo

What are my options?
Yes it is April! No question there. But what is questionable is the veracity of this yarn about Ralphepoo being stuck in a "po-dunk" town 3 hours from Ralphepoo's home since Christmas all because Ralphepoo has no vehicle, wallet or DL!

Would Ralphepoo care to explain how Ralphepoo was able to subsist for better than 15 weeks with no vehicle, wallet, DL or means of identification?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">