• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got rear ended adj want to give me $600

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Calebv23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR

I got rear ended in a 3 car accident the first impact car took responsibility driver had suspended license but insurance. Fast forward 3 days the adjuster called and said he wanted to give me $600 in inconvenience fees but I have not accepted anything yet. I have gone to the chiropractor and am getting treatment now 4 days a week for 3 weeks which is more "inconvenience" then I originally thought so I called the adjuster back and told him I feel as if $600 is not fair because of my loss of wages. I'm commission and hourly so it's difficult to say how much I would potentially lose when I said $600 wouldn't cut it he got a little defensive and stated that I was young and would recover quicker and he was being generous with the $600.
So my question is do I have a case to get a bigger settlement or atleast bother to go to an attorney?

adjusterjack

Chiropractors are the bane of the insurance industry because they are known to overtreat and overcharge. You'll spend more on a chiropractor than you will spend on a physical therapist and, consequently, get a fraction of that money back, if you get any at all.

It never hurts to consult an attorney.

I'm not saying that you aren't hurt or that your injury isn't legit.

Just understand what you are getting into with a chiropractor.

Calebv23

Well I was already going to the chiropractor for maintenance purposes because my job is physically demanding but only once a month. So I mean they know I was in good shape before

PayrollHRGuy

If you were going to a chiropractor once a month you were either being fleeced by the chiropractor or you were not, "in good shape before".

Tammy75

In the last 18 months, I have not seen had one chiropractor bill paid. Not just by the company I work for but by several others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">