• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get Trailer out of my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cadre69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
I sold my trailer 2 years ago I signed and gave the guy the title now I find out it is still in my name and still getting charged personal property tax for the trailer We did not write a bill of sale and I have no way to contact the new owner please tell what I can do

xylene

Pay an investigator to find the new owner.

Also, If you did not makes bill of sale, how could the new owner possibly obtain title?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I sold my trailer 2 years ago I signed and gave the guy the title now I find out it is still in my name and still getting charged personal property tax for the trailer We did not write a bill of sale and I have no way to contact the new owner please tell what I can do
What did the DMV say when you contacted them?

adjusterjack

I'm guessing that you didn't notify the Virginia DMV the way you were supposed to.

Notify them now. Keep a copy in your permanent file.

You may still end up paying the taxes.

Cadre69

Well I have not contacted DMV yet I will be in the morning. I signed the title over to the guy and he gave me the money for the trailer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">