• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how many defendants?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ryan mitchko

What is the name of your state? Suing in Pennsylvania, although I live in New Jersey. A Waste Management truck caused me to have an accident (in Pa.). Their ins. co.(which is in Missouri) was notified and refused to pay my damages. I'm about to sue in small claims court and was asked who the defendant(s) would be. Do I sue the driver, the ins. co. and Waste Management or just one or two of these? The court is going to charge me $83.00 per defendant.
Any further advice in the matter will be appreciated. This is a first for me. Thanks, Ryan

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ryan mitchko said:
What is the name of your state? Suing in Pennsylvania, although I live in New Jersey. A Waste Management truck caused me to have an accident (in Pa.). Their ins. co.(which is in Missouri) was notified and refused to pay my damages. I'm about to sue in small claims court and was asked who the defendant(s) would be. Do I sue the driver, the ins. co. and Waste Management or just one or two of these? The court is going to charge me $83.00 per defendant.
Any further advice in the matter will be appreciated. This is a first for me. Thanks, Ryan

My response:

I'll get to your question in a moment. However, you said "caused me." Please elaborate on that statement. Was there "contact" between the vehicles?

IAAL

R

ryan mitchko

The garbage truck pulled out in front of me during a blinding snowstorm and when I applied the brakes, I skidded into three mailboxes mounted on a post on the side of the road, causing $2,400.00 in damage to my car. There were no injuries and no towing was necessary. I have three witnesses in a nearby house who saw the whole thing and they will testify that the driver should never have been attempting a left turn onto the highway at that point because the street he was on comes out at an angle which is almost parallel with the highway he was trying to enter. Pictures I have show a vacant lot immediately across the highway which he could have entered, turned his truck around in and then proceeded in the direction he desired on the main highway. He was jacking the truck back and forth. The witnesses observed another vehicle almost hit him and he gave an angry response to that driver. Then I came along and the rest is history. Police were notified but did not come because there was a rash of accidents on a nearby interstate which had them all tied up. They did make a note of the phone call (made by one of my witnesses) and they do have a report on record at the barracks, but they told me it wouldn't be forwarded to Harrisburg.

JETX

"The garbage truck pulled out in front of me during a blinding snowstorm and when I applied the brakes, I skidded into three mailboxes mounted on a post on the side of the road, causing $2,400.00 in damage to my car."
*** And that, is the problem. The truck driver is NOT responsible for your accident. The problem is.... they can easily claim that your accident was caused by your failure to drive safely considering the weather and road conditions.
Contact your insurance company on this claim.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Since you didn't answer my simple question, "Was there "contact" between the vehicles?", I would suggest, and also agree with JetX, that you turn this matter over to your own insurance company.

It's obvious you can't or won't read, and that you have your own agenda. I have a legal reason for asking my questions, and apparently, you don't want to understand the law - - because when you fail to read and answer simple questions, then it's obvious you don't care about the law in these types of situations.

Again, turn it over to your insurance company because you won't be able to understand directions, instructions, or anything else, to handle your case in court.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

IAAL

B

BennyDi

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Since you didn't answer my simple question, "Was there "contact" between the vehicles?", I would suggest, and also agree with JetX, that you turn this matter over to your own insurance company.

It's obvious you can't or won't read, and that you have your own agenda. I have a legal reason for asking my questions, and apparently, you don't want to understand the law - - because when you fail to read and answer simple questions, then it's obvious you don't care about the law in these types of situations.

Again, turn it over to your insurance company because you won't be able to understand directions, instructions, or anything else, to handle your case in court.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

IAAL
If you actually READ the description given by Ryan, you would be able to determine that there was NO contact between the vehicles.

If his description looked like the following:

"The garbage truck pulled out in front of me during a blinding snowstorm and when I applied the brakes, I skidded into the front wheel of the garbage truck, bounced off, then continued to skid into three mailboxes mounted on a post on the side of the road, causing $2,400.00 in damage to my car."

......then you would know there had been contact. Since his description DIDN'T look like the above description, and, in fact did NOT mention any contact with the garbage truck, then there was NO contact with the garbage truck!!

In your rush to demean and humiliate people, you are not comprehending what is actually written.

I hope you DO have good legal secretaries and law clerks in your firm who passed Reading Comprehension 101. If not, hire some.

I am quickly losing respect for you, although I'm sure you really don't give a hoot. And I'm also sure you will have a response to this which is meant to humiliate and demean and (generally) hurt my feelings. Well, boo hoo, in advance.

Make sure all your little soldiers add their two cents!! We can have a field day!! hehehe

You obviously do have a lot of intelligence, but your responses are filled with so much negativity and contempt and cause you to resemble that of a person with the cerebral propensity of a lobotomized angleworm.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You can assume all the facts you want. We have had writers change stories inumerable times. My intent was to "tack" him down.

I am tired of you. I don't like insurance salesmen.

I'm having your membership deleted. Say goodbye.

IAAL

JETX

"I don't like insurance salesmen."
*** Especially those that can't read and UNDERSTAND what is being said. This idiot couldn't even figure out that Jamaica wasn't a part of the U.S.!!!

So......
Goodbye Benny!!!
Benny, so long!!!
Benny, sayonara!!
Benny, arrivaderci!!

In any language, it is still just simlple old...
Bubbbbb-byyyye!!

C

crashtestdummy2

VERY SCARY..somone disagreed with liable and made a good point and now they are going to get kicked off of here..OH HOW SAD WHAT WILL WE ALL DO?

B

BennyDi

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You can assume all the facts you want. We have had writers change stories inumerable times. My intent was to "tack" him down.

IAAL
And your point is what? Do you think I really care if you delete my membership? haha Go for it champ!! boo hoo boo hoo Just goes to show how wrong I was, as you are more than the idiot I first imagined. Do you feel better now that you stomped your feet and pouted? awwww....poor baby. DELETE ME!! haha SEE ya....wouldn't wanna BE ya!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Remember these gems?

crashtestdummy

WOW
Don't be a baby..face what you did..You hurt a child with your recklessness.

You need to face this. Did you commit homicide of any kind..NO!
Or did you? Why so quick to run from it? You and that child have your whole lives ahead of you. Get a lawyer..talk to your insurance..face your consequences.

You run out of country and it will be MUCH worse later!

MY RESPONSE:
Gee, where's your compassion? Why didn't you just answer the writer's question instead of being "judgmental" when you said, "Don't be a baby" and "You hurt a child with your recklessness."? How do you know it was "reckless"?

==================================

crashtestdummy2

Thanks
Sorry about that..this is the original crashtestdummy but the site would not let me sign in for some reason....tried everything so finally got fed up and just reregistered with a slightly different name...so..very sorry....

MY RESPONSE:
That's because I got rid of you the first time. And guess what? it's going to happen to you again. But, this time, we've got your ISP number, and that way when we delete you, you won't be able to come back and sign up under ANY name! How's that?

AND, the same thing goes for BennyDi, the super insurance saleman who thinks he knows law by the mere fact that he sells insurance!

IAAL

Last edited:
B

BennyDi

The lobotomized angleworm writes:

MY RESPONSE:
That's because I got rid of you the first time. And guess what? it's going to happen to you again. But, this time, we've got your ISP number, and that way when we delete you, you won't be able to come back and sign up under ANY name! How's that?

AND, the same thing goes for BennyDi, the super insurance saleman who thinks he knows law by the mere fact that he sells insurance!

IAAL

My Response:

Waaaa Waaaaa Waaaaa Do you see me crying? Let me try to squeeze a tear out so you can feel important. The only reason you have peoples memberships cancelled is because that is the only means of gratification you have in your life. It's obvious you don't HAVE a life beyond this website. You're an attorney? What law school did YOU graduate from? The Bert and Ernie Muppet School Of Law? <---- That is a question. See the question mark? hee hee hee

tammy8

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

IAAL
Ummm can I stick around please?????:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">