• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Civil Suit.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Auto-Lost

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA. Hello, my friend is being sued for car theft by the state. Now the insurance company is also suing her in the civil court for the amount they paid out for the car. My question is if the car is recovered by the insurance company would they drop the civil charges? And if not do they have any right to go after the money even if they recover the car? Thank you.

seniorjudge

Q: My question is if the car is recovered by the insurance company would they drop the civil charges?

A: Return the car and then ask the insurance carrier your question.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA. Hello, my friend is being sued for car theft by the state. Now the insurance company is also suing her in the civil court for the amount they paid out for the car. My question is if the car is recovered by the insurance company would they drop the civil charges? And if not do they have any right to go after the money even if they recover the car? Thank you.
**A: why do you have friends that steal cars and/or commit insurance fraud?

racer72

Hello, my friend is being sued for car theft by the state.
Wrong. She is being charged with a crime, not sued.

Now the insurance company is also suing her in the civil court for the amount they paid out for the car.
They have the right and the obigation to the folks they insure.

My question is if the car is recovered by the insurance company would they drop the civil charges?
Not likely. They already paid thier insured. The car in now worthless to the insurance company. If it does have any value to them it would be the scrap value.

And if not do they have any right to go after the money even if they recover the car?
They have the right to go after every penny, even if the car is recovered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">