• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor wreck mama was resoponsible for reinbursment, mama dies is son still repsonsib

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

It no less "appears" that the Family Purpose Doctrine was imposed here than it should appear to you that the judgment may have been unwarranted and speculating on the issue of "negligent entrustment" and the presence or absence of "intentional and malicious" conduct of the sixteen year old!

Furthermore, it seems that you have also overlooked the possibility that Section 56-1-110 of the South Carolina Code was applied in imputing liability to the mother; which does not depend upon intentional and malicious conduct on the part of an uninsured minor or negligent entrustment.
You’re the one that brought about the family purpose doctrine without any support, either way, that it was or wasn’t applicable. Your inference was that it is applicable. I brought about negligent entrustment as it could be a possibility but note I said a possibility.

The statute you cited requires the parent held liable for negligent or willful misconduct to be the person who signed for the child to be issued a driver’s license. Did the mother sign the documents to allow the op to obtain a driver’s license?

While each of them may be a possibility, none of them are supported by the info provided. While I asked an open ended question seeking the op provide the basis mom was also held liable, you seemed to bring possibilities to the discussion not as furthering the conversation but rather as an attempt to belittle me.

Well, it didn’t work. My statement was correct as written. Was yours? Chances are the first wasn’t but in both cases the answer will likely never be known.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">