• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help - had an uninsured accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

melze

What is the name of your state? Iowa

Okay here is my horrible story - my vehicle has been wrecked I was not driving at the time loaned it to someone who was running a errand for my roommate. On the way 2 deer ran out in front of him on the road he slammed on the brakes and swerved to miss the deer but ended up rolling my vehicle. I am sure it is totaled but have no official word from the leinholder at this point. Here is the worst part I currently had an open lien on the vehicle (owe about 38,000) had let my insurance lapse months before - due to certain circumstances I was also behind on my vehicle payments. The driver did not find it necessary to tell me that his license had been suspended and shouldn't have legally even been driving. Had I had insurance and been up to date on my load I purchased Gap insurance with my loan, but obviously that does me no good - my question is what do I do - do I have any rights - should I sue the driver? Someone please help me.

Y

yoyoma

Can you say U R FUKKKKKED!!!!!

Yup little boy your mommie is going give you a spankin, cause thats where you are gonna be livin for the next 5 years so you can work 2 fulltime jobs to pay off the $38,000!!!!

You cant sue the driver since you gave him permission to drive, and you knew you had no insurance!

Yup time to move back home to your parents and pay off your debts!

No sense throwing your money away on RENT!!!

C

CombatTN88

Yep. Let's see. It is your fault, right. So, YOUR SCREWED UP.

Regards, Combat

M

melze

uh gee thanks...

Gosh guys - honestly you didn't have to be so harsh about the whole thing - you can tell me how screwed I am without acting like that. Thanks for nothing, maybe if you knew everything that has happened since January leading up to the fact my insurance was lapsed and my loan was behind you would be just a little more sensitive to ones situation. But thanks anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">