• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please, Legal advise needed for Court on Monday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobyrou

Hi, Tuesday I am going to be in court for a claim which I raised for a traffic collision happened back in Jan 2012. Basically I was on a pelican crossing and as soon as I have seen the green man I headed to cross the street, but a van run over my left foot. Ambulance took me away; been hospitalised for 10 days, spent 8 months in crutches and 6+ months doing physiotherapy.

She is arguing that it was green for her when she approached which I know is a lie but I can't proof this as there are no witnesses. My fault I would say it was that at the time of crossing I didn't checked the left side to see if any cars are approaching. As soon I've seen the green man I walked. I am quite scared that I might loose my case. If anyone is willing to help me giving some tips or questions I will need to ask defendant. Below is the defendant's statement on police report if of any help (identification details removed):

-----------------------

On Monday 9th January 2012 I was driving three of my children to school. At about 7:50am I was driving my blue Mercedes VITO registration number xxxxxxxx along Bruce Street, Belfast in tending to drive onto the Dublin Road. As I approached the traffic lights at the end of Bruce Street they were green for traffic approaching from my direction. In approach to the junction I noticed quite a few pedestrians waiting at both sides. I would say as I made the last approach to the junction I ?????? have been travelling very slowly. The van I was driving is very big and I have to watch the ????? corners like the one from Bruce Street to Dublin Road I had stay in my lane. I would have been travelling at walking speed no faster. Just as I was about to reach the crossing at the junction a male pedestrian just walked off the pavement with his head down and into the front nearside wing of my van. I heard a thud but I had applied my brakes at about the same time and stopped dead as he fell onto the ????? in front of my van. Just as it happened my daughter Amy shouted “Stop” but there was nothing I could have done, I was travelling so slowly anyway. I got out to see how he was and offered first aid as I am a trained first aider. As I was checking his left leg, when I got to his left foot he ???????? and shouted I am in so much pain. Paramedics arrived put him in an ambulance and took him away. -----------------------

quincy

Hi, Tuesday I am going to be in court for a claim which I raised for a traffic collision happened back in Jan 2012. Basically I was on a pelican crossing and as soon as I have seen the green man I headed to cross the street, but a van run over my left foot. Ambulance took me away; been hospitalised for 10 days, spent 8 months in crutches and 6+ months doing physiotherapy.

She is arguing that it was green for her when she approached which I know is a lie but I can't proof this as there are no witnesses. My fault I would say it was that at the time of crossing I didn't checked the left side to see if any cars are approaching. As soon I've seen the green man I walked. I am quite scared that I might loose my case. If anyone is willing to help me giving some tips or questions I will need to ask defendant. Below is the defendant's statement on police report if of any help (identification details removed):

-----------------------

On Monday 9th January 2012 I was driving three of my children to school. At about 7:50am I was driving my blue Mercedes VITO registration number xxxxxxxx along Bruce Street, Belfast in tending to drive onto the Dublin Road. As I approached the traffic lights at the end of Bruce Street they were green for traffic approaching from my direction. In approach to the junction I noticed quite a few pedestrians waiting at both sides. I would say as I made the last approach to the junction I ?????? have been travelling very slowly. The van I was driving is very big and I have to watch the ????? corners like the one from Bruce Street to Dublin Road I had stay in my lane. I would have been travelling at walking speed no faster. Just as I was about to reach the crossing at the junction a male pedestrian just walked off the pavement with his head down and into the front nearside wing of my van. I heard a thud but I had applied my brakes at about the same time and stopped dead as he fell onto the ????? in front of my van. Just as it happened my daughter Amy shouted “Stop” but there was nothing I could have done, I was travelling so slowly anyway. I got out to see how he was and offered first aid as I am a trained first aider. As I was checking his left leg, when I got to his left foot he ???????? and shouted I am in so much pain. Paramedics arrived put him in an ambulance and took him away. -----------------------
What is the name of your state, or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
This forum is for US law only and it would seem you're in Ireland.

Although, if you're going to be in court it would be wise to be represented by an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">