• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninsured accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Saber186

What is the name of your state? Missouri
In May I was involved in a auto accident.I was pulling out of a blind drive and stuck my nose out and got plowed into.I got the ticket because I was pulling out.At the time I had some dental problems and had to let some bills slide...insurance being one.
I just finished the criminal side of the case today...got a $500 fine plus costs.I'm wondering 1 can and will the state yank my licence til the civil part is settled?
I have been in contact with the girl involved and offered to buy her a car to replace hers.The car she was driving was a beat up 90 Celica...a $500 car at best and she's seeking $4500 in restitution.In talking to her I found out that she doesn't even have the title to the car and is in default on the loan for it.
I've been talking to her for several weeks now and making payments on a car for her at my work and thought we'd come to a agreement but when I went to court today they said she's still trying to get $4500.What are my options?Do I pay off the car I'm buying her and see if she'll change her mind?wait and see if she files a civil suit? or what?
Thanks in advance,
Steve

stephenk

I would get something in writing about the arrangement you have with this girl. Go and consult with an attorney about the best way to deal with the issue. To just keep paying with no concrete agreement gives the other person no incentive to settle anytime soon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">