• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complexed Case-Give this one a try

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

haloa

(Illinois) Ex employer filed Chapter 11 in November 1999, as of December 2001-bankruptcy dismissed. They had a self insured health policy, (they were to pay the first $10,000.00 per employee and then the insurance kick in) MY QUESTIONS ARE: How do I get them to pay for my medical bills? (I already filed a unsecure priority claim against them) What are our rights-if any? Company is still doing business....

JETX

If you have made a demand on them, and an attorney has made a demand on them... and they have an obligation to pay, you will very probably have to take legal action against them.

H

haloa

Thanks so much for your reply. Received two letters from the company stating that they would pay the bills-they even set up a payment plan-but never paid anything. If I sue could I go after them for attorney fees and court costs? P.S. Very hard to find a lawyer to take case.... Could I take case to the court myself w/out an attorney? Would this be complicated to do?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">