• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do bnks hv info like credit reporting-telecheck? & can find out about yurother accts?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bkidic

Do bnks hv info like credit reporting-telecheck? & can find out about yurother accts?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

background - stae of IL . defaulted on a checking over draft at a bank X ( about $2.1k), and I wanted to know if I opened up another bank account at another bank Y whether the bank X can find out that a) I am opening up another account and b) can the bank X find out the value of the savings / checking acct at the other bank Y - sort of like a credit report reports the value of the credit, the balance and amount owed. I know banks have something called telecheck (if this is the name) which I read is like a credit reporting agency but for banks, and I wondered if this telecheck agency give asset amts or even whether I have other accounts at other banks.

PayrollHRGuy

Bank Y can find out you defaulted at Bank X.

Bank X can find out lots of things if they sue you. Bank X can't get your money from Bank Y without a judgment and an order from the court that they have sued you in.

Telecheck will not report to X what you have in Y.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">