• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do you need to hand write and notarize your credit card bureau dispute letters?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

russharv63

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
I bought a book about credit repair and the author, John D. Harris, says that when you write your dispute letter's to the credit card bureaus that you should hand write the letters and also have them notarized. Do you think that is necessary?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I bought a book about credit repair and the author, John D. Harris, says that when you write your dispute letter's to the credit card bureaus that you should hand write the letters and also have them notarized. Do you think that is necessary?
No, that is not necessary. Nothing in the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires that nor do I see any benefit from doing that. The letter need only be signed by you to be effective under the FCRA.

adjusterjack

Neither necessary nor required.

In fact, in many cases, you can file your dispute online with the credit bureau.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">