• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement in PA - 3rd Party Collector

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PABitterWoman

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.

I am trying to see if I can reach a settlement to satisfy a judgement that is against me and my ex-husband and the law firm trying to collect the debt, keeps saying that the creditor won't settle for the amount and the previous offer of half off won't be considered now. Then today, I spoke with a different person at the firm and she went ballistic when I said that I wanted to talk to the creditor directly and she said that they won't talk to me, etc. She went on to say that since I have been sued and it's been so long since the judgement was entered (1995) that they are adding the interest from the court order to "update" my judgement. What does this mean and can't I speak to the creditor directly by law? She got really pissed when I said I wanted to talk to the creditor.

Ladynred

I believe their pissed because if you deal directly with the original creditor, the CA won't get their "cut" of the settlement.. so they're not happy. You should try contacting the original creditor yourself, don't go through the CA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">