• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

served papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjccbutts

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Texas

I have been served citation by Citibank. says to file an answer within 20 days a default judgment may be taken against me. What does that mean exactly? It is in the amount of $7,298.00. They had sent me a letter and I requested validation of the debt. They sent a letter back that they confimed this was my account, specifically , 15 USC 1692g(b) provides, in part .......says the verification of a debt involves nothing more than a debt collector confirming in writing that the amount being demanded is what the creditor is claiming is owed. The debt collector is not requied to keep detailed files of the alleged debt.

I am looking for my records but I thought my balance was $4600.00, not $7298. Maybe they are already including attys fees?

Anyway if you can shed some of your knowledge as to what the judgment involves, can they take our property or what? Arrest me? What?

Must I get an atty., or can I download a form a file myself? Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jjccbutts said:

I have been served citation by Citibank. says to file an answer within 20 days a default judgment may be taken against me. What does that mean exactly?

MY RESPONSE: It's legal terminology meaning, "You automatically lose".

It is in the amount of $7,298.00. They had sent me a letter and I requested validation of the debt. They sent a letter back that they confimed this was my account, specifically , 15 USC 1692g(b) provides, in part .......says the verification of a debt involves nothing more than a debt collector confirming in writing that the amount being demanded is what the creditor is claiming is owed. The debt collector is not requied to keep detailed files of the alleged debt.

I am looking for my records but I thought my balance was $4600.00, not $7298. Maybe they are already including attys fees?

MY RESPONSE: Yes, it includes the principle amount, attorney's fees, interest, and court costs. In the original credit application, you agreed to all of this in the event of collection and/or litigation.

Anyway if you can shed some of your knowledge as to what the judgment involves, can they take our property or what?

MY RESPONSE: Sure they could, if you lose. They can also garnish your wages.

Arrest me?

MY RESPONSE: No. We don't have debtor's prisons.

MY RESPONSE: It would be a wise idea to obtain counsel. If you're not familiar with the law, you could wind up being your own worst enemy.

IAAL

jjccbutts

In the state of texas can they garnish wages or take personal property for credit card debt?

jjccbutts said:

I have been served citation by Citibank. says to file an answer within 20 days a default judgment may be taken against me. What does that mean exactly? It is in the amount of $7,298.00. They had sent me a letter and I requested validation of the debt. They sent a letter back that they confimed this was my account, specifically , 15 USC 1692g(b) provides, in part .......says the verification of a debt involves nothing more than a debt collector confirming in writing that the amount being demanded is what the creditor is claiming is owed. The debt collector is not requied to keep detailed files of the alleged debt.

Anyway if you can shed some of your knowledge as to what the judgment involves, can they take our property or what? Arrest me? What?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">