• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Virtual Visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OneFriend78

Washington

Hello, I bought a Virtual Visa card for someone last year as an early Christmas present, and the recipient did not activate the card, nor did he acknowledge that I sent it. So, fearing that my ex-love would consider me a stalker, I did not contact him again. The money I gave to Virtual Visual was a mere $25, but I thought I read the fine print well enough to know that after one year, they will start charging a fee for each month it remains open. As it happens, I am transitioning between banks, so the card number I gave them will no longer be effective, but I wonder if I am in trouble with them for fees for a virtual gift card which was not mine, which has never been activated, and I really can't figure out how to cancel it.

Does anyone know how to help me?

justalayman

A virtual visa is essentially a gift card. If there are fees assessed to the account the will be taken from the balance on the card. Once the fees consume any money on the card, it’s done. There will be no money in the account to purchase anything and they will simply consider the account dead.

It is not attached to your account.

I just read that the card is valid for only 6 months anyway. After that it is not useable as and debit card.

OneFriend78

Thank-You

Oh, thank you so much. I was so worried about that. Sorry to ask such a simple question, but thank you for taking the time to answer it. I appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">