• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crowdfunding in real estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

william_h

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Has anyone ever tried investing in real estate with crowdfunding platforms? I thought that it sounds way to easy to make money. What risks are involved? Thank you for any clarification

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Has anyone ever tried investing in real estate with crowdfunding platforms? I thought that it sounds way to easy to make money. What risks are involved? Thank you for any clarification

Real estate crowdfunding can be a smart alternative to investing in stocks with the potential for high yields but, as with any investment, there are risks. The risks will vary depending on the type of crowdfunding platform (i.e., syndicated debt, platform-issued debt, equity) and other factors.

You should speak to your investment broker to see if this is an investment that will work for you.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
bracknelson, you posted to a thread that has been dormant over 3 years. Please do not post to long dead threads. Reviving them does no good as the original person who posted it is long gone and he/she has presumably resolved the issue by now. For others reading the revived thread it just works out to a waste of their time.

quincy

This thread is from 2017.

bracknelson has been warned numerous times against adding comments to very old threads and has had many posts reported. Apparently he has not gotten the message.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">