• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i or my business need any special licensing for an investing business in cryptocur

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike Narjes

Ive been trading and investing in cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin, was looking at starting my own investing business where customers can give me money to invest on their behalf which i take a commission of the profit from. I know in regular investing such as stocks bonds or securities there are different licenses that both I and my business would need under the SEC but from what I can see from their website everything they have about cryptocurrencies focuses on warnings to investors about scams that are out there none of which I am involved in. Cryptocurrencies seem to be a grey area and from cases where i can see goverment agencies going after people investing with them its been because they were using it to launder money. so would i need a license such as a stock brokers license or would the nature of what cryptocurrencies are leave me able to operate without one?

I'm located in Ohio but i would want to be able too offer services to any state

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">