• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vested Stocks - Left Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nortalk23

Three years back I left an organization I had been with for eight plus years. I had received a chunk of restricted stock units at the time that were fully vested for at least three years. I was stressed starting the new job and wasn't sure what these stocks meant to me going forward. So I sent an email request before I left asking next steps I have an email response saved from the senior HR leaders at the company stating that I did have stocks and legal would contact me after I departed and provide me more details on next steps. However they never did contact me and this company has now shifted hands a few times. I feel like the whole process has been a black box. I was speaking to a friend who told me I needed to provide some writing in 90 days after I left to keep the stocks? Is this true and is the company obligated to contact me since they stated they would in saved correspondence form with details? What should my next steps be?

Kingstien

Three years back I left an organization I had been with for eight plus years. I had received a chunk of restricted stock units at the time that were fully vested for at least three years. I was stressed starting the new job and wasn't sure what these stocks meant to me going forward. So I sent an email request before I left asking next steps I have an email response saved from the senior HR leaders at the company stating that I did have stocks and legal would contact me after I departed and provide me more details on next steps. However they never did contact me and this company has now shifted hands a few times. I feel like the whole process has been a black box. I was speaking to a friend who told me I needed to provide some writing in 90 days after I left to keep the stocks? Is this true and is the company obligated to contact me since they stated they would in saved correspondence form with details? What should my next steps be?
What State?
How did the company change hands?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">