• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mespin19

Hello,

My father is owed money by a small business and intentions of payments have been made through checks, however, when my father went to the bank to deposit the check they turned out to be bounced checks and this has happened several times. My father's fear is that the company may have filed for bankruptcy because of their lack of payment, which has been dragged out for 3 or 4 months, and the owner's mention of economic difficulties. Now, my question: is there a way to find out if this particular business has filed for bankruptcy and where can I find this information? Additionally, if the business has gone bankrupt, will my father ever get his money back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">