• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

International Bitcoin Company went Bankrupt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Duthreal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

A company I purchased Bitcoin from several years ago went bankrupt. They are based out of Japan and I didn't know that they went bankrupt. They had my virtual Bitcoin Wallet as part of their assets. I had until 2007 to declare my claim. I just found out about it a few weeks ago.

Is there any way that I could try to get my bitcoin wallet back from this company? Thank you!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No.
...and it took you 10 years to figure this out?

ETA: Wait a second - Bitcoin didn't even exist in 2007. ???

FlyingRon

Are we talking about Mt. Gox. They didn't even exist before 2010. As mentioned Bitcoin didn't exist until 2008.
Of course, you have indeed missed the filing deadline for claims which was three year ago.

Since this all takes place in Japan, it's really outside the scope of this forum.

https://claims.mtgox.com

STEPHAN

I was their customer (but did not loose anything). However, everybody that I know that had funds there lost them. There was not much to expect anyway.

Duthreal

So my dates are wrong lol.

Yes I am talking about Mt. Gox. I was trying to remember the dates lol. Guess I am out of luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">