• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Still Owed Money, trying to see if the Company has filed bankruptcy yet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Andoversr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

So I was an employee for a Authorized Retailer of Cricket Wireless, and on January 20th I received noticed he closed the stores (due to Cricket ending the relationship between his company and theirs), I never received Final Wages and expected I probably wouldn't see it until he filed bankruptcy.

It's been 2 months since and I've occasionally searched google to see if he has filed yet and haven't seen anything, I am concerned that finding if he has yet is a needle in the haystack, an d that if I don't search ill never be named as a creditor who is owed wage and thus never get it.

The Company in question is EZ Wireless but also goes by "Rising Tide Ventures" for its company name in Minnesota.

In addition to the final wages I'd also want to pursue money for issues caused after the separation because he never reported my income to Unemployment, causing my Unemployment to be fought and then appealed by me, which has thus far set me back around 4 weeks of Unemployment making me accrue interest on credit cards (since I wasn't able to get any money yet still had expenses for food and gas) from not being able to otherwise pay off the expenses I'm incurring to survive, as well as not even being able to pay some of the rent for the month and overall much headache over the situation caused by his negligence involving reporting wages.

I suppose my questions are as follows:

1) Whats the best way to find out if he has filed bankruptcy yet? How do I Make sure I get listed a creditor if he has filed already but I was never named?

2) is there any way for me to persue him for the stuff that occured that delayed my unemployment? is it worth it?

3) for 1 or 2 would a lawyer on my part be needed for any of this or would my testimony and cooperation alone suffice?

FarmerJ

So you filed a wage complaint with the MN dept of labor about unpaid wages ? ( you will have to contact IRS & mn dept of revenue to get the forms needed for filing using your check stubs too ) as to being listed as a creditor Have you been to this site https://www.justice.gov/ust/chapter-7-12-13-private-trustee-locator or maybe you can consult with a attorney who specializes in BK law ? But in reality you might not ever collect what you are owed, in the end I suspect those who don't pay tax moneys held to SS IRS and state revenue depts. st many in business who do thing don't get out of it scot free but as to your wages I think that the so called money is going to be too hard to collect if you can find anything at all. ( back in 78 I worked for a carpet cleaners who claimed IRS had frozen his accounts and he was out of business and many of us on the crew stayed in touch or knew each other away from work and none of us recovered our wages )

Last edited by a moderator:

justalayman

So you filed a wage complaint with the MN dept of labor about unpaid wages ? ( you will have to contact IRS & mn dept of revenue to get the forms needed for filing using your check stubs too ) as to being listed as a creditor Have you been to this site >http://www.minnesotasbankruptcylawyer.com/who-are-the-minnesota-panel-bankruptcy-trustees-and-what-do-they-do/ or https://www.justice.gov/ust/chapter-7-12-13-private-trustee-locator or maybe you can consult with a attorney who specializes in BK law ? But in reality you might not ever collect what you are owed, in the end I suspect those who don't pay tax moneys held to SS IRS and state revenue depts. st many in business who do thing don't get out of it scot free but as to your wages I think that the so called money is going to be too hard to collect if you can find anything at all. ( back in 78 I worked for a carpet cleaners who claimed IRS had frozen his accounts and he was out of business and many of us on the crew stayed in touch or knew each other away from work and none of us recovered our wages )
Op is pretty much assured of getting nothing if he sits around waiting for the employer to do something though. Op needs to file a wage claim with the state NOW and if he chooses he can watch the BK court to see if the business files BK and file as a creditor there.

justalayman

I vote we put jamesvigil in the pillory in the village square and allow passers by to loft rotten fruit at him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">