• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breakage of social contract (see details)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anthonylong

So I was promised a sum of money through a social contract which was conducted via social media and the person backed out, do I have any leverage? (Proof of agreement is with us)

adjusterjack

You're going to have to provide a better explanation about how this "promise" came about, what the terms were of the "social contract" and how this was arranged on social media.

Though I suspect that what happened wasn't really a "contract" and isn't enforceable.

But that opinion could change with more information.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
So I was promised a sum of money through a social contract which was conducted via social media and the person backed out, do I have any leverage? (Proof of agreement is with us)
Details of that agreement matter significantly. The term “social contract” is pretty meaningless; you need to tell us the details of the agreement to figure out if you might have an enforceable contract. A key question for you is this: what exactly did you have to do under this agreement to get the money? Also, in what state would that be done?

If the agreement was essentially to exchange sex for money, that’s prostitution and illegal nearly everywhere in the U.S. Contracts for illegal activity are not enforceable in court. If it was something else involved, you need to be more clear about it.

quincy

When offering some clarifying details, please also include the name of your state. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">