+ Reply to Thread

Breakage of social contract (see details)

So I was promised a sum of money through a social contract which was conducted via social media and the person backed out, do I have any leverage? (Proof of agreement is with us)

You're going to have to provide a better explanation about how this "promise" came about, what the terms were of the "social contract" and how this was arranged on social media.

Though I suspect that what happened wasn't really a "contract" and isn't enforceable.

But that opinion could change with more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonylong View Post
    So I was promised a sum of money through a social contract which was conducted via social media and the person backed out, do I have any leverage? (Proof of agreement is with us)
    Details of that agreement matter significantly. The term “social contract” is pretty meaningless; you need to tell us the details of the agreement to figure out if you might have an enforceable contract. A key question for you is this: what exactly did you have to do under this agreement to get the money? Also, in what state would that be done?

If the agreement was essentially to exchange sex for money, that’s prostitution and illegal nearly everywhere in the U.S. Contracts for illegal activity are not enforceable in court. If it was something else involved, you need to be more clear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonylong View Post
    When offering some clarifying details, please also include the name of your state. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread