• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car contract question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amiee22

What is the name of your state? GA.
I sold my car to a man on October 4th 2006. We made a contract stating that he would pay me in payments (not stating a time interval). He paid me 100 dollars when the contract was made and has not paid me anything since then. I have tried contacting him, and have not gotten a response. What should I do? Thanks
Amy

Depends on the language and content in the contract. Without payment specifications and/or an end date you may be waiting for payments that never come. Tell us more about how he agreed to pay you and any other basic information included in the contract.

amiee22

The contract says: I Amy.. on this 1st day of October do hereby convey to Jon..., a 1973 Chrysler....for $2,000, to be paid in installments.
He verbally told me that he would be paying me on a weekly basis. He works for himself and said he would pay me as he gets paid. Thats was about it.

Not much there to work with. If you want to pursue legal action to collect or retrieve your vehicle, small claims court may be your best and most affordable option. Meanwhile, personal collection efforts (calls, letters, etc.) may yield some of the promised payments, unless he's a complete deadbeat, of course.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">