• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Motor club of America a scam or legit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aklusman

I have been looking into online home jobs because I am a stay at home mom. I have came across the company Motor club of America not once but multiple times. It seems to good to be true. Once you sign up for a membership,They say they pay you 80,or more for each referral. And you get paid weekly. I just want to know if it is a legitimate company before I decide to try it out. Is it a scam or legit?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I have been looking into online home jobs because I am a stay at home mom. I have came across the company Motor club of America not once but multiple times. It seems to good to be true. Once you sign up for a membership,They say they pay you 80,or more for each referral. And you get paid weekly. I just want to know if it is a legitimate company before I decide to try it out. Is it a scam or legit?
This is not a legal question; Google is your friend. :cool:

FlyingRon

Any business that relies on you signing up more people to sell the business without actually having a marketable product is a scam.

Motor Club of America is what they call multilevel marketing. While it isn't illegal as they really are selling a "product" the problem is that it's not worth the time investment. The problem is that you quickly run through all your personal network selling them product and hiring them to sell against you that you never see any great level of commissions.

Further, the MCA product while viable, pales compared to AAA and costs way more.

quincy

Published reviews do not always paint an accurate picture of an individual or an entity so one should always question their validity ... but the reviews for Motor Club of America definitely should make one pause before becoming involved with the company.

What is the name of your state, Aklusman? Does your state Attorney General's Office have any reported complaints?

Aklusman

Published reviews do not always paint an accurate picture of an individual or an entity so one should always question their validity ... but the reviews for Motor Club of America definitely should make one pause before becoming involved with the company.

What is the name of your state, Aklusman? Does your state Attorney General's Office have any reported complaints?
I'm currently in the process of moving to Georgia. But I've read reviews and everything besides an attorneys opinion. There are mixed reviews on it. Some say its a scam, as others say it's not.

quincy

I'm currently in the process of moving to Georgia. But I've read reviews and everything besides an attorneys opinion. There are mixed reviews on it. Some say its a scam, as others say it's not.
You will have to decide whether to take a risk with the company based on what you read about it. Weigh the pros and cons. If you make a decision based on reviews, look at the sources of the reviews. For example, if the site where the POSITIVE reviews appear is sponsored by the Motor Club of America, the reviews might not be honest or true.

I would check with your state attorney general's office (consumer protection division) first, to see if the company has had complaints lodged against it or if it has been the subject of an investigation by the state.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
This is not legal advice, this is life advice:

Do you have friends who got into selling leggings, candles, essential oils, cookware or any of the other dozens of multi-level marketing items? You know the friends -- the ones who tried to sell to everyone they knew? Selling the same thing that 10 of your other friends were also selling? That's how these MLMs work. Once you've bugged your friends and they've bought everything they are willing to buy, then you have to start bugging friends of friends. Or total strangers. Pretty soon you're the person everyone avoids because they do NOT want to buy what you're selling. But here's the worst thing: most of these companies require a large, upfront "investment" (whether for product or training) that you MUST pay back. Even if you don't sell a daggone thing.

There are legitimate work-from-home jobs that don't require selling -- look into those. Any job that's going to require YOU to put up money up-front is probably not going to be worth it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">