• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jack

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrmurphy12

What is the name of your state? TEXAS
I am tying to buy a home and was wondering if it is legal to receive my realtor's commission back if he does not want it?

Shay-Pari'e

jrmurphy12 said:
I am tying to buy a home and was wondering if it is legal to receive my realtor's commission back if he does not want it?

Very odd question,

Want to tell the whole story, in order to get an accurate answer?

Last edited:
S

shell007

Shay-Pari'e said:
jrmurphy12 said:

Very odd question,

Want to tell the whole story, in order to get an accurate answer?
I agree that this is an odd question.

You are buying a home, using a real estate agent, and the agent suddenly said:
"HEY...ya know what...I don't want the money. I've decided to do this work for no charge?":confused:

justalayman

jrmurphy12 said:
I echo the others posts as well. Very odd.

A question you can answer though; Are you inferring you have a "buyers" agent and are actually required to pay them directly from your pocket?

if so, why not just re-contract to reflect a no charge transaction (which unless your REA is the principal broker of the house, isn't going to be very welcome). If the REA is gifting it back to you, they are not actually giving you back the commission, they are giving you money for the transaction.

spill the beans jr, the whole can so you can get a reasonable answer without playing 20 questions.

HomeGuru

jrmurphy12 said:

**A: why does he not want it? If he has loads of $$$$$, why not have him donate it to his favorite charity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">