• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My brother and spouse refused to sign to sell home for $150,000, auctioned off 4 less

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Krippled

Ky property.. Well my brother and his spouse refused to sign to sell a house for $150,000, ended up selling for $87,000 what can i do to get my initial amount??

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Ky property.. Well my brother and his spouse refused to sign to sell a house for $150,000, ended up selling for $87,000 what can i do to get my initial amount??
You’re going to have to give us some more facts to sort out if you have any remedy here. From your question, I might assume that you were a co-owner on the home with your brother and sister-in-law. Is that correct? If so, then no buyer would want the house unless all three of you agree to sell. They had no obligation to join in whatever sale you arranged absent some contract with your brother and sister-in-law obligating them to join in the sale. So why do you think they owe you anything for not joining in the first sale for $150,000? Explain in more detail what happened and you may get some more detailed responses.

Krippled

There were a couple that had a contract to buy the house 7 months ago for an agreed $150,000. I have the breakdown from my Uncle's Lawyer yet my brother and spouse just refuse to sign. I think they should be liable for any money differences and any lawyer fees since March 2017 when my Uncle (poa) had it sold for $150,000. Thanks in Advance

HRZ

Does not explain why you are entitled to a share
Nor does it adress why you think brother and spouse are liable for the new lower net problem

THey may have been ultra stupid but that's not a legal issue .

Krippled

Since my mother is no longer alive i have a 25% interest just as my brother according to the papers sent from my Uncle's lawyer. Well i guess when my Uncle passes, me, my uncles son and my brother will have equal interests of the property left. When that time comes i will simply return the favor via auctioning of the 16 acres that my brother squats on in his mobile home.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Since my mother is no longer alive i have a 25% interest just as my brother according to the papers sent from my Uncle's lawyer. Well i guess when my Uncle passes, me, my uncles son and my brother will have equal interests of the property left. When that time comes i will simply return the favor via auctioning of the 16 acres that my brother squats on in his mobile home.
What papers? Did your mother leave a will? Was the property ordered auctioned by the probate court?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
You are being clear as mud.

None of us know anything about you except for what you posted here. You will get little useful feedback if you refuse to answer questions.

1) Is this a property that you inherited? Or did you buy it along with other family members?

2) Who owns this property? You say you have a 25% interest. Does your brother have a 25 % as well? What does the SIL have to do with this? Is she actually a part owner or does she just speak for her husband?

3) Is the uncle the executor of your mother's estate? Did your mother have a will?

hugomurray

Need Clarification

It’s unclear. What papers were sent to you by your uncle’s lawyer? Did your mother leave a will?

HRZ

OP your picture is full of gaps about who had WHat formal role...and there is no such thing as a POA for a dead person ...it may well be that somebody was super stupid ...but stupid is not illegal or actionable ....but if an executor or administrator bungled things...well perhaps.

AS an aside , you could have gone to auction and bid it in in your name ...hindsight is great.

BUt if brother is squatting ..then the landowner needs to take action .if. He or she so please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">