• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What constitutes Living Space in Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BChiger

I once took a course about Real Estate in Georgia and I remember something to the effect, that when representing the square footage of a home in Georgia, that it must be HEATED floor space. In other words a garage wouldn't qualify as it was not heated. Does anyone know what is the correct way to calculate square footage and am I correct that it must be heated floor space. If anyone knows where I can find the GA law code for this I woul appreciate it If you can help please send answer to [email protected]

HomeGuru

BChiger said:
I once took a course about Real Estate in Georgia and I remember something to the effect, that when representing the square footage of a home in Georgia, that it must be HEATED floor space. In other words a garage wouldn't qualify as it was not heated. Does anyone know what is the correct way to calculate square footage and am I correct that it must be heated floor space. If anyone knows where I can find the GA law code for this I woul appreciate it If you can help please send answer to [email protected]

**A: I could find no such code.

acmb05

BChiger said:
You calculate sq. footage by the heated floor space so no an unheated garage is not calculated as living space. There is no specific code for this but when you take the real estate course it is explained in detail what to measure and not measurse.

Of course if you have not added onto the house since the last inspection you could always look at your tax deed and get the sq. footage off of there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">