• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LotusFlower

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan.

What are the laws for determing whether a spouse has abandonned the children in the state of Michigan--from a separation/divorce perspective? We are separated, he lives somewhere else but comes over almost every night to see our daughter.

Thank you for any input you can provide.

--LotusFlower

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

What are the laws for determing whether a spouse has abandonned the children in the state of Michigan--from a separation/divorce perspective? We are separated, he lives somewhere else but comes over almost every night to see our daughter.

--LotusFlower
That is NOT abandonment at all. He may be leaving YOU but he has not left his child.

summerdawn

--LotusFlower
Is this a serious post?

LotusFlower

Summerdawn;
Yes, it is a serious post. If you don't have anything productive to add to the forum you shouldn't be here.

summerdawn

Summerdawn;
Yes, it is a serious post. If you don't have anything productive to add to the forum you shouldn't be here.
I wasn't asking to be rude, we get quite a few trolls around here asking silly questions. Since you stated that your ex actually sees the kids DAILY, I felt it could be construed as a "silly question". :)

Just Blue

I wasn't asking to be rude, we get quite a few trolls around here asking silly questions. Since you stated that your ex actually sees the kids DAILY, I felt it could be construed as a "silly question". :)
You construed correctly. Moving out of the family residence, in of itself, does not fit the legal or MORAL definition of abandonment...;)

Unless, of course, you are an extremely silly woman (OP) that is looking to screw over her hubby in any way possible, no matter how the children will suffer for her vengeance.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Awesome!!! He still comes over every day to see his child. Great.

Abandonment?? *choke* Now thats funny.
And in her other post she has issues with dad having any overnight time with HIS child because the child couldn't bear to be away from her and her golden uterus.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">