• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Baseless CYF allegation/How much do we need to cooperate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MarteParte

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My wife got a surprise visit from a CYF caseworker. She had no idea what was going on. She said there were domestic violence concerns. This blew our mind. There has never been any domestic violence in our house. We believe it was our neighbors who called as there is a dispute regarding fencing. My wife and I did have a loud yelling fight last week, but there was no violence. We are not violent people. The police have never been here as a result of an argument.

On one hand we want to cooperate since there is nothing to see here. There’s no violence and our child is never in any danger. However, we have read horror stories of how CYF case workers can railroad you and get you in the system. For example we read where a sink full of dirty dishes can be reported as an unsanitary environment etc.

What are our rights? How much do we have to cooperate if there’s no evidence to these allegations? Do we have to let her in our house without a warrant? She wants to meet with us 3 weeks from now after her vacation so he can’t be in that much danger. Then she told my wife the case can’t be closed out unless he goes to a dentist? Not even sure why that is relevant if the concerns were domestic violence.

Just Blue

My wife got a surprise visit from a CYF caseworker. She had no idea what was going on. She said there were domestic violence concerns. This blew our mind. There has never been any domestic violence in our house. We believe it was our neighbors who called as there is a dispute regarding fencing. My wife and I did have a loud yelling fight last week, but there was no violence. We are not violent people. The police have never been here as a result of an argument.

On one hand we want to cooperate since there is nothing to see here. There’s no violence and our child is never in any danger. However, we have read horror stories of how CYF case workers can railroad you and get you in the system. For example we read where a sink full of dirty dishes can be reported as an unsanitary environment etc.

What are our rights? How much do we have to cooperate if there’s no evidence to these allegations? Do we have to let her in our house without a warrant? She wants to meet with us 3 weeks from now after her vacation so he can’t be in that much danger. Then she told my wife the case can’t be closed out unless he goes to a dentist? Not even sure why that is relevant if the concerns were domestic violence.
If at all possible hire an attorney to help you. Some that has lots of expertise dealing with CYF. You do not have to talk to the caseworker or allow her into your home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">