• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dad being a jack*ss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjlewis305

What is the name of your state? CT

I lost my guardianship rights last year due to some stability issues. In a nutshell, dad was abusive, kids got taken away, mom with nothing and couldn't get stable. Paternal grandparents have guardianship rights now.

I filed a motion for transfer/reinstatement of guardianship back to myself. Judge orders case study to be done by DCF. DCF says yes she is stable and at our Sept. meeting recommends reunification. Dad was in jail, but his lawyer did not contest. Son's lawyer is for him coming back to me. I had no lawyer and the court did not feel at the time I would need one.

We reconviened at the end of Nov. when I we were to make plans for my son to come full time with me. Dad was present, my son's attorney was not and it was a freakin' nightmare. Dad does not wish to persue his rights back, but wants to make all the decisions. Grandparents were compliant and now they are not. The mediator had to tell dad to be quiet because he was antagonizing me to create argument, bringing up irrelavent stuff and really had no genuine concern for the child except he does not want him with me. Then mediator tells me to fill out an affidavit, you need a lawyer because this is an unfair fight. I now have one.

Now we have a hearing for a psychological evaluation. I have two other children, DCF finds me and my household fit and my son's lawyer is in support of this. Can a judge really tell me I am capable of taking care of two of my three children. My attorney thinks I have a great chance, but then again she said that last time and I lost miserably. I don't feel so positive.

Can anyone tell me what this psych eval is going to prove? And since dad has no interest in pursuing his guardianship rights can he win his motion for visitation which will directly effect the days I get to see my son now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">