• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad wants step-mother to exercise his visitation time-regularly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TTMom

Excuse me??

You scheduled activities on Dad's time? If this is the case, you had no right to do so without Dad's approval. And you are now making excuses as to why Dad should not exercise visitation.

You really need to work with an objective advisor. You come across as unreasonable.
Excuse me but this was proposed language regarding the benefit to the child. The activity occurs on my scheduled days but Dad wants to change his scheduled time to week on and week off instead of a 2-2-3 schedule and STILL NOT exercise his scheduled time.

Regardless, The Dad NEVER exercises his visitation so it is VERY common for me to plan activities, trips, etc. on 'his scheduled time'. We are talking about a man who has exercised his visitation LESS THAN 1% OF THE TIME!!! How the hell much longer are we obligated to sit and wait for Dad to show up? Another ten years while I struggle under the oppression of living somewhere I can not be in a competitive market where only one position is available to me requiring 110 mile round trip commute while Dad comes and goes as he pleased, taking new and different jobs, pursuing his career??? Dad lives in Texas, not in California where we are obligated by him to live. GET IT???

I am not the one making excused. It is the Dad. In my home, there are no excused, only choices, Dad chooses not to be present. Period.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Excuse me but this was proposed language regarding the benefit to the child. The activity occurs on my scheduled days but Dad wants to change his scheduled time to week on and week off instead of a 2-2-3 schedule and STILL NOT exercise his scheduled time.

Regardless, The Dad NEVER exercises his visitation so it is VERY common for me to plan activities, trips, etc. on 'his scheduled time'. We are talking about a man who has exercised his visitation LESS THAN 1% OF THE TIME!!! How the hell much longer are we obligated to sit and wait for Dad to show up? Another ten years while I struggle under the oppression of living somewhere I can not be in a competitive market where only one position is available to me requiring 110 mile round trip commute while Dad comes and goes as he pleased, taking new and different jobs, pursuing his career??? Dad lives in Texas, not in California where we are obligated by him to live. GET IT???

I am not the one making excused. It is the Dad. In my home, there are no excused, only choices, Dad chooses not to be present. Period.
Madam, sit. back. down.

You are coming across as worryingly unstable. I'm sure that's not a look you want to present to the world.

LdiJ

Madam, sit. back. down.

You are coming across as worryingly unstable. I'm sure that's not a look you want to present to the world.
I disagree. She is reacting to the somewhat ridiculous comments that are coming from a few of the people on this forum.

TTMom, I know that you really cannot afford it but you need to find some way, (perhaps with help from family) to get an attorney on board.

I think that your lack of an attorney has caused you to get to the point where you are so intimidated by everything that you cannot stand up for yourself or your child in a reasonable manner.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I disagree. She is reacting to the somewhat ridiculous comments that are coming from a few of the people on this forum.

TTMom, I know that you really cannot afford it but you need to find some way, (perhaps with help from family) to get an attorney on board.

I think that your lack of an attorney has caused you to get to the point where you are so intimidated by everything that you cannot stand up for yourself or your child in a reasonable manner.
OP, I am going to caution you to not rely on LDIJ's advice. She has a history on this forum of being mom-biased, not admitting when she is wrong, and not caring what the law itself actually says. She tends to "cheerlead" mothers rather than offer good legal advice. And she argues with people when they point out how she is wrong. So please take anything she says with a grain of salt. I do agree you should hire an attorney but that is about all I can agree with when it comes to LDIJ.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
However, LDi is correct on one point - OP NEEDS a lawyer.

If "X day of the week" is Dad's day, per the order, Mom needs to be very careful with how she plans activities on that day. If Dad doesn't show? Fine. But if Dad DOES? Kiddo best be made available, standing activity of not. Dad is apparently under no obligation to take kiddo to activities Mom may have arranged on his ordered time.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
However, LDi is correct on one point - OP NEEDS a lawyer.

If "X day of the week" is Dad's day, per the order, Mom needs to be very careful with how she plans activities on that day. If Dad doesn't show? Fine. But if Dad DOES? Kiddo best be made available, standing activity of not. Dad is apparently under no obligation to take kiddo to activities Mom may have arranged on his ordered time.
And I stated that. OP needs a lawyer. Only thing I agree with LD about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">