• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Documentation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

February2003

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Memorial weekend was my (NCP) weekend with child. I planned an out-of-state trip with the child, to arrive home on Monday. When I told the CP I found out CP had also planned a week long out of state trip with the child (NOT CP's weekend).
I said, "I already have plans to drive to so and so with our child..." and the CP's response was, "well I already purchased a plane ticket for the child!" (Meaning CP already PAID for something, making those plans more important.)

So, to make a long story short, the child went with CP and I ended up "switching" weekends for another weekend. A hassel, a bummer b/c was looking forwared to the trip with child, and a nusciance b/c I am revolving my schedule/plans around the CP.

I also just found out that CP is taking the child on another vacation in July, whcih again goes into my weekend with the child. "What do you want me to do, I already bought the ticket" was the expalnation again.

How do I legally note these times the CP schedules vacation on my visitation weekends? If I use a pocket calendar and write down every time CP does the weekend switch up, and every time I provide full daycare during the week, and every time the child spends the night with me during the week... if I note that in a calendar will that be useful in court to show:
1. how much time I spend with the child as NCP
2. the times the CP has made plans on MY time?
Or would the calendar be a case of NCP's word against CP's?

If not that, then what do I do?

THANKS!

H

HadEnoughOfEx

Sounds Like My Same Thing

I am the CP (Custodial Parent) and when the father decides he has something else to do and not be able to pick our children for his visitation, he will say, Oh, well. So I have had to reaarrange and change and miss out because the father had something he wanted to do, knowing exactly what he was doing and that the children would be with him. He does this, only to get at me, meanwhile, the children are the ones that get hurt.
MOST DEFINATELY... Keep a calender, journal or whatever you need to, so when you go to court, you take out ALL your notes, and the judge will definately notice. This will make you look like, you are responsible and in tune. It sounds to me like the NCP, will do what ever he/she wants, because he/she can get away with it. I mean, you dont do anything about it. I was the same way, but then thats when they will take FULL advantage of you. You have to put a stop to it, by getting the Police involved. When he doesnt return the kids, you notify the police that he is against the court orders. I didnt do this for a long time, because I would have the police in my childrens lives daily, but I had to put a stop to it, because he is still trying to control me.

I am from California, but I am sure, all judges look at this the same way. Best of Luck to you. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">