• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex-wife is a bad mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

denofearth

my ex-wife is not doing what she can for the kids. she has my 2 kids plus a baby by someone else she lives alone with the 3 kids in a 2 bedroom trailer, she drinks and uses drugs my old friends tell me this, and my kids just run wild. they are doing terrible in school. I live a couple hundred miles away so I cant be of much help. what can I do here without spending thousands of dollars in a custody battle here in nebraska where the kids are almost always left with the mother? I am tired of standing by watching my kids lives going down the drain while my ex sits in the bars and has the wrong kind of people around my children day in and day out.

S

sassy123

you need to contact a lawyer and see what your options are. If she is doing drugs, the kids are doing bad in school, and the home they are living in is not healthy, then you need to get someone involved and quickly. You can petition the court to get temporary guardianship and have the court investigate the situation the kids are in. You can actually get a emergency order placed where you would both have to be there and the judge will listen to both sides. Raise your questions to the judge and see if he/she will listen. If it is fast enough than your ex cannot hide the fact that she is doing drugs because of the time it takes to get it out of the body. Also a call to the local CPS can help to reveal the conditions that the children are living in. Either way you need to get your kids taken cared for either by you or a guardian that's appointed by the court. Don't let it get too far, we all read about children who have suffered bacause nothing was done fast enough. Good Luck and keep us posted. :)

G

Grandma B

Can you prove the drug use? That would be a big step toward getting the children out of the mess they're in. Contact CPS and they should be able to provide guidance. Hopefully, you can win custody. I'm concerned about that third child though. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">