• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fathers visitation, will this happen?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

georgialanes

Okay, so. My husband wants to go to court to get 'visitation' set so he can see his daughter more often, or, when it is convienent for him basically. He wants to go to court so that he can make the mother ( who doesn't have a car, but has access to her parents.. very rarely ) drive the child to his house ( 2 hours each way ) when it is convienent for him, every other weekend, and then have the mother pick her up again. I told him that is CRAZY. He thinks he will have no problem walking in there and getting the judge to make the mother do all the driving and he wont have to do a single thing. Neither have cars.

The mother is a single mother too, and just grad. college and has only been working for 5 months, and has no money, I told him if a judge is going to try and convenience it for anyone it will be for the mother, not him. Hes had a good paying job for the past 5 years making triple the money she does, and he wastes his money instead of buying a car to go see her.

Can they even make her use her parents car? Won't she have to agree to it, and her parents to agree too?

Also, his ex lives in the city, he comes in every other weekend and sees his daughter for a couple hours, but passed a few weekends for band practice, and has tons of days off but only comes in every other weekend. This is not going to look good for him is it? I live in Canada by the way.

I don't think its fair, I know his ex and she is a great mother and a great person. I don't know why he thinks he can walk into some court and they are going to do everything he wants when he wants and that will be that. And some judges won't grant overnight visits if the child does not have their own room, correct?

I just basically want to know if this is possible. He wants her to do all the driving and for him to do nothing. Even when she lived close he only saw her a few hours a week.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Color me jaded, but I have trouble believing you're the guy's wife.

Be that as it may, Dad needs his head examined if he thinks he's going to waltz into court and get all that he's asking for.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I had skipped over the Canada reference, but the fact that Dad travels 2 hours to "come in" to Mom's town was a give-away.

What the..... What is the point of trying to post as the ex's new wife? Especially when you're going to do such a bad job of covering up who you really are? If you want an answer, then just ask the question and leave all of the deceptive BS out of it. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and US law only. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">