• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Financial Responsibility of CP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2ndWife

My husband's ex has remarried and has 6 month-old baby with her new husband. The new hubby does not want her to work so she has quit her job. Ever since she has married the guy (last January), she seems unwilling to spend a dime on my husband's kids (2 girls) for clothing, haircuts, medical/dental expenses, etc. Whenever my husband complains and asks her to do something for the kids, she says "are you going to pay for it?". My husband faithfully pays his child support. The wife seems to have taken the attitude that my husband is completely responsible for financing the care of the children. Meanwhile they're running around in rags and look like homeless kids. Any advice?

LegalBeagle

2ndWife said:
My husband's ex has remarried and has 6 month-old baby with her new husband. The new hubby does not want her to work so she has quit her job. Ever since she has married the guy (last January), she seems unwilling to spend a dime on my husband's kids (2 girls) for clothing, haircuts, medical/dental expenses, etc. Whenever my husband complains and asks her to do something for the kids, she says "are you going to pay for it?". My husband faithfully pays his child support. The wife seems to have taken the attitude that my husband is completely responsible for financing the care of the children. Meanwhile they're running around in rags and look like homeless kids. Any advice?
Document everything, gather evidence and file for a change in custody.

L

LadyBlu

Please keep everything in one thread so the contributors do not have to go to each individually to see what all the circumstances are also. It just saves time and you will get more responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">