• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hours for modification of custody states i have my son on sunday, states "all day"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Arc84

hours for modification of custody states i have my son on sunday, states "all day"

Pennsylvania. Im guessing both parents pick time frame together. Problem is his father is doing much to find ways to give my son and i as little time together as possible, plus more bad habits going against the 16 factors that goes into determining the best interest of our 6 year old.
I want to know if it's a day visit for mother's day, how many hours do my son and i get together, again for an "all day visit," no time frame listed. --- last minute inquiry, i just had had a csection on 4/25. Its been difficult getting things accomplished ahead of time with recovery, and the tales of a newborn

Just Blue

Pennsylvania. Im guessing both parents pick time frame together. Problem is his father is doing much to find ways to give my son and i as little time together as possible, plus more bad habits going against the 16 factors that goes into determining the best interest of our 6 year old.
I want to know if it's a day visit for mother's day, how many hours do my son and i get together, again for an "all day visit," no time frame listed. --- last minute inquiry, i just had had a csection on 4/25. Its been difficult getting things accomplished ahead of time with recovery, and the tales of a newborn
Please post your custody order, without identifying information, word for word. Thank You. :)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Depending on what the order actually states and what schedule/hours have been standard, I'd think 9/10am until 5/6pm (6 if you are feeding dinner, 5 otherwise) would be reasonable. Kiddo has school the next day - needs time to wind down, shower/bathe, etc.

Arc84

I get every other weekend fri/5p - sun/5p. In the previous modification he was to offer extra time with me before other people, although whenever i asked the answer was always no, although my son mentioned he visits the grandparents/aunts/ his live-in girlfriend often. This order i slipped and didnt notice that part wasnt added, so now he technically isnt required to. Anyway, i scheduled in make-up days the father with-held our son from me plus requested time during his school's spring break since conveniently no day during the week is a set good day for me to schedule visits, so we did a wed/5 night to fri/5p. I dont have a lawyer, definitely no money for one, and his father financially has security due to a government job, i am at a disadvantage.
So i research any info i can get my hands on bc i really am being railroaded in court, and no one seems to really have my son's best interest at heart.
So as there are a lot more details, the one that im really concerned with knowing is how many hours for an all day visit on mother's day is considered all day? He will aim for as little as possible, the father definitely attempts to short me, among other things.

Arc84

Depending on what the order actually states and what schedule/hours have been standard, I'd think 9/10am until 5/6pm (6 if you are feeding dinner, 5 otherwise) would be reasonable. Kiddo has school the next day - needs time to wind down, shower/bathe, etc.

Thats what i assumed. I was going to go for 10-6, but the father tends to dominate the hours chosen. Thank you---

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Look up your county's standard visitation order for Mother's Day. That should tell you the hours.

t74

She said that there are no specific hours listed. It just says that she gets Mother's day.
The typical hours for other visitation days is a reasonable definition for special days which do not have times specified.

I can certainly see that starting the day in time to attend church for a special Mother's Day program may be a priority even if this is outside the normal hours.

OP, since funds for an attorney are an issue, start making a list of all of your questions and problems so you can have an efficient meeting to get them all worked out. I would expect a similar question if you have the child for your birthday, etc

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">