• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to do I keep my horrible x away from my son??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilybelle

I am sure you all have probably heard this question before, but I am new to all of this. I live in Texas and gave birth to my wonderful son on February 7, 2002. At that time my x and I were broken up. He dump me 5 months into my pregnancy without even a good bye. He just disappeared. About 2 weeks before I was due to give birth, he called me up and states that he was a part of my son's life. I told him that I would give him the chance, but that I was really skeptical of his intentions. He signed an Affadavit of Paternity at the hospital. After that he didn't see his son for another month. My son will be 3 months old in 1 week and his father has seen him 3 times including the time at the hospital. He has given me only a couple of dollars to help with my son and has promised time and time again to get him insurance. I have yet to see the papers. He won't call to check on his son for a month at a time. The last time he saw his son, his new girlfriend, tried to attack me while I was holding my son in my arms. My son's father has a history of serious drug use, drinking problems, sleeping with minors, DWI's, plus his girlfriend is a physco. Long story sort, he has nothing to offer my son and I don't want him to be around my little boy. He is going to be a horrible influence. My question is, is there any way of protecting myself and my son, from his father seeing him? Please don't think that I am a horrible mother that wants to get back at the x through the child. I just don't think that he is going to be good for my son. He's not dependable and has serious problems that I didn't realize until it was too late. Can someone tell me what I need to do to protect my son. I don't want child support, just for him to leave us alone.:( :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">