• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to obtain CPS records on someone else?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Simanthuh

Hi! My daughter’s biological father was just paroled from prison and filed a motion for parenting time. He is living with his girlfriend who has had multiple CPS cases. How do I obtain those ?

LdiJ

Hi! My daughter’s biological father was just paroled from prison and filed a motion for parenting time. He is living with his girlfriend who has had multiple CPS cases. How do I obtain those ?
I am going to tell you that you really do not have any choice but to get an attorney involved. With your child's father just being paroled and with him (I assuming living with) a girlfriend with multiple cps cases you should be able to get any visitation with dad supervised. However, I really believe that you need an attorney involved to make sure that happens.

Just Blue

YOU can not without a court order. If a GAL is assigned to this case s/he might get the cases and actually understand how they are impact your custody case.

Simanthuh

Thank you!

Thank you for your quick responses! I met with an attorney last week but at this point, we have no hearing date. Bio dad did a very poor job of filing the motion and did not even follow all of the directions on the motion. My response was very thorough. So at this point, I am just waiting to see if a hearing gets set on this. There is already an order of no parenting time for bio dad from before he went to prison but I am just trying to do everything I can to be proactive. I was pretty sure I could not FOIA any CPS info as it has juveniles involved but just wanted reassurance. I will talk to my attorney and have him do what he can in regards to that.
Once again, thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">