• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawyers fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flygrl

What is the name of your state? ohio

In what circumstances will the court award attorney's fees?

My x has filed several frivilous motions on me over the last year and each one I have not been found in contempt. Also, he has changed him mind over 5 times on what amount of new custody he wants since he moved - resulting in HUGE legal fees. Every time we think we have an agreement his lawyer sends over a new plan.

He has refused to pay for many of the children's expenses according to our current plan and the only way to get reimbursed is for me now to file contempt.

He refuses to submit his financial information and that has now caused me to have to file in court for him to be forced to submit so that new childsupport can be calculated (and he was the one asking for a modification in the first place).

He makes 5 times what I do and I am going broke.

Will the court see that this is just a financial game on his part and award me fees?

CVG

brisgirl825

You should talk it over with your lawyer. They will tell you what the odds are of getting that due to the specifics of your case and the judge hearing it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">